I’m looking for volunteers to feature in a personal “work of heart” project that I hope to undertake over the next year. Lost & Found: How Rescue Pets Saved Their People will feature just that: heartwarming and inspiring stories told through photographs of how “lost” humans were “found” by their rescue pets.
For this project I’m looking for exceptional stories of inspiration, perseverance and hope – did your rescue help you overcome a physical or mental obstacle? Did they arrive in your life during a time of despair or heartache? Have they been a remarkable presence in your life, motivating you (or others) to achieve a goal or desire?
How has your rescue pet changed your life?
Do you have a great rescue pet and story to share? Here’s what I’m looking for:
- Rescue pets of any age, shape, breed or size.
- Basic obedience skills would be nice, but not required.
- You and your rescue must have a history – i.e. have been together long enough to have a strong bond and a compelling story to tell.
- You must be willing and comfortable being photographed with your pet and on your own.
- You must be willing to share your personal story for publication (on my blog, social media, etc.).
Photo sessions will take place in your home or at a location that is meaningful to you and your pet.
As thanks, participants will receive two digital files (artist’s choice).
If you would like to be involved, please email a photo of your rescue pet, along with a brief description of how you were “lost” before they came into your life, and how they have made you feel “found.” Send your submission to email@example.com or fill out my contact form.
Please know that all of your rescue stories are amazing, but I can only take on a small number of these sessions.
Thank you to everyone for your continued support!